The conference will run in a hybrid format this year, starting with an in-person training day on the 15th of November, consisting of 90-minute-long tutorial sessions.
November 16th will be the first main conference day, held in-person at the four-star Hotel Mercure Buda Castle Hill and also streamed for remote viewers. The second main conference day on the 17th will be fully online to allow international speakers to contribute and participate remotely.
Our Tableau track aims to serve as a major Tableau-focused gathering for the Hungarian and regional BI community and we would like to cover many different aspects of the Tableau ecosystem.
A (partial) list of potential topics of interest:
General Tableau topics
- Intro talks on new features
- Tableau Best practices
- Designing effective and engaging dashboards in Tableau
- Data storytelling in Tableau
- Data visualization case studies
- Calculations in Tableau
- Parameters, Sets, Actions
- Performance optimization techniques
- Devops in Tableau (server management, version control, deployment etc.)
- Data preparation and cleaning in Tableau Prep
- Using the Tableau APIs
- Creating Extensions
- Embedding Tableau
- Building an internal or public Tableau community
- Data careers in Tableau
- Tableau-related community projects (MakeOver Monday, WorkOut Wednesday, Preppin’ Data etc.)
Back 2 Viz Basics:
How to design
Tableau Prep –
Tips and Tricks to
Questions in Dataviz
Elevating your dashboard design
Viz what you love
How to build guided tours
Mapping the World
Data Visualization Best Practice
If you are considering attending the conference please check out the English registration or the Hungarian registration pages. You can also follow our Twitter feed and Linkedin page for announcements.
The Budapest BI agenda also includes a Power BI, a General BI, a Dataviz and a PyData track, so there’s a great opportunity to also discover new tools, approaches and solutions for data problems similar to yours.
In case you are planning on participating in the conference in-person, we also collected all the information you should know about visiting Budapest. It includes affordable plane tickets and different accommodation options near or even at the venue of the conference.
Besides that, Budapest provides a lot to discover: amazing historic sights, attractions and programs for all tastes.